At Midwest Spine & Brain Institute, we are committed to providing the best care possible for every single patient and family member that walks through our door. In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been re-evaluating protocols to ensure we continue to provide the best care possible while also doing everything we can to help slow and stop the spread of the virus.
We have been regularly reviewing and instituting changes that have been recommended by the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health. As such, the following changes and protocols have been put in place for the foreseeable future:
- We will be unable to allow any person with a fever, cough or shortness of breath in our clinics.
- If you are dealing with any of these symptoms and have an appointment scheduled, please do not come into the clinic. We will gladly work to reschedule your appointment at the earliest convenience. Please call (651) 430-3800 to reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that patients refrain from bringing guests to clinic visits. If a guest is necessary, please limit it to one person. This guest will also be required to pass our screening questions.
- Physicians and staff will be screened on a daily basis, and we’ll continue to practice safe social distancing and thorough hand washing.
- Clinics, waiting rooms and exam areas are disinfected regularly.
- Some surgery centers will remain open at this time, and they will continue to follow all the above protocols.
- Some elective surgeries are on hold, but we are able to care for urgent and emergent surgeries at the hospitals.
- We are each other’s number one priority, and we will continue to be here to care for you as best we can.
We will continue to provide updates on our blog and website as we see fit. We encourage patients to monitor information from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention as it becomes available. We will get through this together.